Sunday, March 9, 2014

Life throws you curveballs...

Trey was out of town at a conference the weekend before last so my sister, niece, and mom were planning to visit us. Unfortunately sweet Kate got really sick with a terrible ear infection so she and my sister were unable to come.  At the time we didn't know how fortunate we were that my mom still decided to make the trip!

Last Monday, I received some heartbreaking news.  My mom extended her trip an additional four days to stay and help us get through the week.  She really was our lifesaver.  Trey was able to work and I was able to rest.  My mom took over bus drop-off and pick-up, preschool drop-off and pick-up, soccer practice, cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping, laundry, bathtime, bedtime, and still had time to have lots of fun with the kids!    

A girl can't leave the house without a little lipstick, right Charlotte? ;-)  


My mom took Henry grocery shopping so that he could pick out an early birthday treat.  Cookie cake for the birthday boy!  :-)


Tea party time!


"Mom, my stroller has been broken for months and Mére fixes it in 10 minutes!  She is never leaving, right?!"


Before my mom came to our house, she was at my brother and sister-in-law's house for three days, drove home, left the next day for our house for seven days, drove home, and flew out for New Orleans the next morning for a week. She kept saying that it was her pleasure to be able to help us and spend the time with the kids but we really could not have survived last week without her. Thank you Mom for giving me the time I needed, for seamlessly handling the kids' activities and giving them lots of extra love and attention, and for keeping our home going until I was ready to jump back in. A big thank you also to Laura, Tommy, and Kate for sharing Mom with us and thank you also to my dad for "enduring" fast food for the week while Mom was with us. :-)      

No comments: