Monday, November 5, 2012

Our Poor Henry :-(

Our poor Henry had a cough for a couple of weeks and then woke up twice one night last week in the middle of the night and complained that his cheek really hurt.  Even though he woke up feeling fine, I decided to take him to the doctor the next morning.  I am glad that I did because our doctor said that his ear looked like it was on fire with a really bad ear infection.  He put him on a antibiotic and said he should feel better quickly.  

Well he really did feel perfect until Friday, a couple of days later, when he broke out into itchy hives.  This happened numerous times over the weekend and we had to give him Benadryl each time.  The following Monday Henry did not have school so after it happened again I took him back to the doctor.  The doctor was pretty convinced that he had developed an allergy to the antibiotic.  Trey was not convinced with that diagnosis (and I am not 100% convinced either) but because we really had no other changes occur we are going with that.  The doctor said that there is no need to subject him to allergy testing unless this happens again later on for another reason.  

Whatever the reason, I hope it never happens again.  I am so very sorry Henry!  :-(           


"No need for any medicine Henry! My smile cures all ailments!" ;-)

No comments: