Saturday, August 8, 2009

I love a good deal!

Does anyone else just love getting a good deal? I think I have probably become a little obsessed about it now that we are down to one salary. I get the Sunday newspaper just for the advertisements and the coupons. I get extremely excited when I save a couple of dollars on groceries. I love telling people that I got clothing at Walmart or Target when they give a compliment. Love it, love it, love it!

Well so yesterday Henry and I hit up a Fall/Winter consignment sale and I bought Henry 15 name-brand items for $60! And I mean name-brand that he probably never would have worn otherwise. To top it all off I didn't have to pay tax because it was tax-free weekend here in South Carolina! I just love consignment shopping for Henry's clothing.

And today, we went to Kohl's armed with a 15% off coupon plus another $5 off coupon. I bought Henry lots of long-sleeve shirts and two jackets. I bought myself sunglasses and an 11x14 frame. And I bought Trey a huge pack of new Hanes undershirts. The total came out to $60 again! Just the frame and the undershirts would have come out to $60 without the sales and the coupons.

Can you tell how excited I get?! If anyone has any tips on your money-saving techniques please pass them along! Man, I just love a good deal!

No comments: