Thursday, May 27, 2010

Extreme Couponing

For a while now I have been trying to figure out ways to cut back expenses each month so that we are able to send Henry to a wonderful preschool in the fall, possibly purchase a car, and also still do some of the fun, extra things we love to do. So my friend Jennifer recently introduced me to the world of couponing. Now I have always cut coupons and it was normal for me to save a few dollars a week but this "extreme couponing" saves her a significant amount each week.

I attended two different couponing workshops and felt confident enough to start it last week. Last week with coupons, I saved 28% off of my total grocery bill for the week. Grocery store savings saved me another 33% off of my total bill. So with both combined I saved a total of 61% off of my total grocery bill!! And I was told at both workshops that it would take 6-8 weeks to see the really large savings. Trey actually commented that it looks like I come home with more food than I ever did shopping at Walmart and I had saved 61%! I will keep you updated on our progress!

"So does this mean that I won't have to pick my own food anymore?" :-)

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Glad you're having some success! It's kind of a thrill to see the final total, isn't it? :)

Lisa said...

I'm very impressed that you saved that much money! I'm inspired :)